Foundations of Herbal Medicine
The Foundations of Herbal Medicine module consists of 13 hours of presentations, organized into four categories: Herb Pharmacology (5 hours), Mitochondrial Function (4 hours), Detoxification (2 hours) & Herb Mechanisms (2 hours).
*To start, click on recorded presentations listed on the right. Watch presentations and pass quizzes to complete the Herb Pharmacology portion of this module.
Herb Pharmacology: Required- 5 hours total
- Herbs, Holism and Science: An Introduction to Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacokinetics — 2 hours (Bove)
- The Need for Phytochemistry in Human Health and Ecological Pharmacology — 2 hours (Spelman)
- Assessing Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion & Herb-Drug Interactions — 1 hour (Zampieron)
Optional: Traditional Herbalism
- Intro to Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine — 1.5 hours (Bove)
- Actions of Herbs: A Basic Skill to Master to Become an Effective Herbalist — 1.5 hours (Stansbury)
Mitochondrial Function: 4 hours total
*To start, click on recorded presentation listed on the right. Watch presentation and pass quiz.
- Botanicals in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Systemic Exertion Intolerance — 1 hour (Spelman)
Presented at the 2019 Annual Conference in San Diego:
- Restorative Medicine Herbs for Mitochondrial Function — 3 hours (Spelman)
Detoxification: 2 hours total
Herb Mechanisms: 2 hours total
Live webinar on Thursday March 19, 2020:
- Restorative Medicine Herb Review by Mechanisms — 2 hours (Friedman)