Foundations of Herbal Medicine
The Foundations of Herbal Medicine module consists of 9.75 hours of presentations, organized into three categories: Herb Pharmacology (4.5 hours), Mitochondrial Function (3.25 hours), & Herb Mechanisms (2 hours).
*To start, click on recorded presentations listed on the right. Watch presentations and pass quizzes to complete the Herb Pharmacology portion of this module.
Herb Pharmacology: Required- 4.5 hours total
- Herbs, Holism and Science: An Introduction to Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacokinetics — 1.75 hours (Bove)
- The Need for Phytochemistry in Human Health and Ecological Pharmacology — 2 hours (Spelman)
- Assessing Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion & Herb-Drug Interactions — 0.75 hour (Zampieron)
Optional: Traditional Herbalism
- Intro to Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine — 1.5 hours (Bove)
- Actions of Herbs: A Basic Skill to Master to Become an Effective Herbalist — 1.5 hours (Stansbury)
Mitochondrial Function: 3.25 hours total
- Restorative Medicine Herbs for Mitochondrial Function — 2 hour Live webinar – August 2020 (Spelman)
- Botanicals in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Systemic Exertion Intolerance — 1.25 hour recording (Spelman)- .
Herb Mechanisms: 2 hours total
Live webinar on Tuesday, April 14, 2020:
- Restorative Medicine Herb Review by Mechanisms — 2 hours (Bove)
Once your last conference and webinar have been completed an up to date CME certificate will be posted to your account online.